Friday, October 5, 2012

Star Child (Gabriel's Video)

I finally made Gabriel's slideshow video. Today, I was working on a completely different project, and for some reason I got inspired to make his video instead. I've been really wanting to do this for awhile as I've seen several other BLMs make beautiful videos and I think it's such a special way to honor our little ones.

This video is a collection of pictures from Gabriel's birth, from when we said goodbye at the mortuary, from our trip to Faith's Lodge, from my visits to the beach where I write his name in the sand, from our balloon releases in his memory, of some of Gabriel's special items like his star-shaped candle and angel figurine that holds his ashes, and of course a picture of his flower from Gabriel's Garden. The very last picture was taken by my dear friend Stephanie in honor of Gabriel's due date.

Everything in this video is a tribute to Gabriel's life and his unending LIGHT.

(Please make sure your computer's volume is on so you can view the video with music.)


With LOVE, in beloved remembrance of sweet baby Gabriel, my star child.



(Song is Starchild by Bliss)

To view this video on YouTube instead click HERE.

Index of Pictures:
1: 10 week ultrasound 
2-6: Faith's Lodge
7: Gabriel's Birth
8: Cabrillo Beach
9-12: Gabriel's Birth
13: Santa Monica Beach
14: Cabrillo Beach
15-20: Gabriel's Birth
21: Redondo Beach
22: Gabriel's Birth
23: Butterfly Released for Gabriel (from Rachel)
24-25: Cabrillo Beach
26: Gabriel's Birth
27-30: Saying Our Goodbyes at the Mortuary
31: My Necklace With Gabriel's Footprint and Name (Taken at Faith's Lodge)
32: Faith's Lodge
33: First Balloon Release for Gabriel
34-36: Gabriel's Birth
37: Second Balloon Release at Redondo Beach
38: Faith's Lodge
39-40: Gabriel's Birth
41-42: Redondo Beach
43: Gabriel's Garden
44: Seashore of Remembrance Beach Butterfly (from Carly Marie)
45: Gabriel's Birth
46: Gabriel's Star Candle
47: Gabriel's Birth
48-49: Cabrillo Beach
50: Gabriel's Urn
51: Painted Stone we Made at Faith's Lodge and Placed in their Angel Statue Garden
52: A Beach in Seaside Oregon (from Stephanie)

7 comments:

  1. So So beautiful!! <3 <3 It made me cry and cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Melissa, I can't even tell you how many tissues I went through while making this video... but I think it was so healing as well. Every time I get to the part where we're saying good-bye at the mortuary I still can't help but cry a little. But there are days when I feel like I haven't cried enough, so this has helped for sure.

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing tribute to your sweet son. I cried the entire time watching this. I too lost my sweet baby. My Zara Ryan was stillborn at 34 weeks May 8 2012. I admire your courage and the work you are doing so that our angel babies will always be remembered. xoxo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Kathleen, Thank you for taking the time to watch Gabriel's video. I am so very very sorry for your loss of your precious Zara (what a beautiful name). I hope that her memory blesses you everyday.

      Delete
  3. I watched this video tribute to your beautiful Gabriel several times. It moved me so much in many ways....your openess, tenderness in every way showed so much love and strngth for Gabriel. I loved watching you hold him so tenderly. What a wonderful way to be able to love and pay tribute to Gabriel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful soul in your precious Gabriel! Thank you for sharing him.

    ReplyDelete