And I realized, that is what Gabriel is to me now. He is a beautiful twinkle of light shining brightly amongst all the darkness. His light which I hold in my heart, is proof that he once existed here on earth, and that the brightness of his life will radiate long after his death. Though his star no longer burns, I can still see him, I can feel his presence, and enjoy his warm light. I can gaze into that shadow of darkness that represents his death, and find the twinkle of light he left behind. Gabriel is not just a memory, nor a figment of a life... he is a constant force here on earth, a stream of never-ending light.
I like to believe that every time a child dies, God adds another star to the night sky. And that somewhere among the billions of twinkles, lies a special flickering glow that represents Gabriel, and another one that represents your baby. Though logic and science don't agree with this theory, it's nice to imagine our babies somewhere out there, forever adding light to the darkness.

What a beautiful illustration. Thank you.x
ReplyDeleteI love what you wrote here. Beautiful xo
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes reading your post! So beautiful. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, this is just beyond gorgeous. I have heard that once a long time ago about the stars, but completely forgot about it until this beautiful reminder. I love the illustration you've given. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. Sending big love to you xxx
ReplyDeleteSO very beautiful!!!! Love your precious blog:)
ReplyDeleteI love this! Beautiful thought...brings me to tears <3
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words, and beautiful thoughts. Remembering your precious little "Gabriel star" with you tonight.
ReplyDeleteI love this. I never thought about the stars we see already being 'dead', yet their light shines on, just like our children. I have organized a 5k run scheduled for next Saturday (Oct. 13). This run is to raise money for an organization called Be Not Afraid. It is a group that supports women who have been given a poor prenantal diagnosis (their baby's most likely won't live after delivery) but choose to carry to term. I'm organizing this run for Be Not Afraid, but in honor of my son Aidan, who died at birth 2 years ago. His light is still shining here on earth. Thank you for this beautiful illustraition
ReplyDeleteSusan Guilfoyle
what a beautiful thought. I lost my daughter Ava a year ago, and this is exactly how I feel about her, she's never fully gone, just in body. Wishing you all the love and strength to deal with your loss. Julia
ReplyDeleteThis just tugs at my heart! What a beautiful view. I'll never look at the stars the same again! Thank you for posting!
ReplyDelete