Thursday, October 4, 2012

Capture Your Grief, Day 4: Most Treasured Item

I treasure the pictures we have of Gabriel more than anything else in the world. I made this photobook with some of his pictures and I love it. My favorite picture is this one -- Gabriel holding our fingers. It reminds me of how amazing it felt to feel the grasp of his tiny perfect hands even though he wasn't alive.

I also treasure this onesie. It was the only clothing I ever bought for him. I still remember the day we bought it. I looked all over the store for a premie outfit that was gender neutral because we weren't sure if we were having a boy or girl. This was the only outfit I dressed him in, but I loved every moment. Right before the nurse took him away, we dressed him in this onesie because we wanted to keep the little shirt he had worn the whole day. I remember feeling so happy when I realized that it was a near perfect fit. The sleeves were too long and my husband rolled them up. Otherwise, it was the perfect size -- super itty bitty, just like Gabriel. Every time I see this onesie, I am amazed that a person was able to fit inside it.


il mio tesoro


4 comments: