Losing a baby is the most unbearable loss I can think of because it's the worst thing to have ever happened to me.
But I know that there is something worse and I can only imagine what it feels like. Disappointing and devastating to the 1 millionth degree -- is there a word for that?
I have recently found out that a friend of mine may lose her rainbow baby. The baby she deserves. The child that the universe owes her, in exchange for all that she has already lost and endured with beautiful grace and faith. It's just truly not fair. It feels so cruel that the Lord will not give her a healthy living child, when she so clearly would be an amazing mother.
After you suffer the unthinkable loss of a child, shouldn't you get a free pass? No other children should ever be taken from you. The whole point of a rainbow baby is that he or she is the one you get to keep. The one who grows up here on earth. The one who makes you laugh. The one you get to cuddle and kiss and play with. Those babies shouldn't be allowed to be anything but healthy and happy. They should be here on earth bringing joy to where it is needed most: the aching hearts of grieving parents.
I am so terribly saddened at my very core to learn that another rainbow baby may not survive. Just the thought of it causes my heart to break. I don't even know how to describe the sorrow because I am so confused and so upset. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I keep asking God to let this child stay here. I fear it is not in His plan, but I pray that He is compassionate and loving, and that this rainbow and all rainbows are given the gift of life here on earth.
Many prayers today for all mamas carrying precious rainbows, that the Lord will understand that we need them here more than He needs them there.

That does hit right in the core. You were right on when you said Rainbow babies are SUPPOSED to be the one we keep. Im praying that your friend does get to keep a rainbow. All BLMs deserve the ultimate happieness.
ReplyDeletePraying for her rainbow and every rainbow.
ReplyDeleteThis is so disheartening. I am so sorry for your friend.
ReplyDeleteI am struggling right now with the choice of having another child or not, without much information about whether Gemma's condition may recur. This story is a reminder to me that if I chose to try again, I have to be fully prepared to lose another child (as if I could ever really prepare for that!). So difficult.
Please keep us posted. We will pray for your friend and her rainbow.