The other day I went to the beach to release flowers. To avoid walking across the entire beach in the sand, I decided to take a different path to the shore than I normally do. I didn't think much of my decision until I stumbled upon a dollar bill, half-buried in the sand. At first, I thought maybe it was a sign of some kind. What are the odds of finding a dollar in the sand at the beach? As I walked towards the sea, I convinced myself that it was just insignificant luck. A couple weeks ago I found a 5 dollar bill in the parking lot of the gym, so I just chalked it up to being a lucky month.
Later, when I arrived at home, I began thinking about the dollar bill. I just couldn't shake the possibility that it meant something. After all, I did find it on the same beach where I saw a rainbow on Gabriel's due date. I looked at the bill more carefully and was surprised to see that the Federal Reserve number printed on the bill was 7 and the Federal Reserve Seal letter was G. I couldn't find anything special about the numbers in the serial number but the first letter was G and the last letter was F. Gabriel's initials are G.F. and 7 is both the number of months he was here on earth and the number of his birth month, July.
I then looked at the bill more carefully. I noticed a blue ink stain on the upper edge, but that didn't seem significant. The number 1, George Washington, The United States of America, A4, and Chicago... all insignificant.
I was about to give up hope that my dollar bill was a sign or had any special meaning.
What meaning could a dollar bill have anyways? It's practical not meaningful. It's just currency. A piece of cloth. Something people lose and find everyday. It was truly just a dollar bill and nothing more.
Just when I was about to fold it up and put it in my piggy bank, something caught my eye... the words at the very top: "Federal Reserve Note."
I had it wrong the whole time.
I kept calling it a bill, when really...
It's a note.
:)

I know this was a sign for you. But you sharing it also shows a sign for me. 7/7/07 is the date Calypso died <3
ReplyDeleteoh wow what a sweet finding. I looking to enter the giveaway but there is no comment box or do we comment on the Facebook page? The Miss foundation are having a candle lighting service on Dec 9th in Pacific Palisades I just thought I would pass it on to you.
ReplyDeleteI entered your name in the giveaway!
DeleteGave me goosebumps <3 I hope to one day have signs like this from Oliver <3
ReplyDelete