Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Time to Every Purpose Under Heaven

Today is September 19th, 2012.

For the rest of the world, this date is insignificant... just another day.

But for me, this day has many meanings.

It is my son's 2 month birthday... in Heaven.

It is a day that represents how much time has elapsed since my son died.

It is a day that came too soon.

A day that should never have existed, and yet here it is.

Proof that my son is gone.

That he has been gone for 2 whole months.

2 months ago I met my son, held him, fell deeply in love with him, kissed his little toes and ran my fingers over his soft skin.

2 months ago I said good-bye to my son, felt his body leave my arms, and envisioned his soul being returned to his Creator.

Today I'll light a candle for him. I'll go to church and pray for him. I'll sit by his angel urn and whisper to him. I'll cry because I miss him. I'll mourn his loss and celebrate his life.

I'll do all the things that mamas with babies in Heaven do.

Because 2 months ago I became a mother. My baby isn't sleeping in a crib nearby. He's not outgrowing his newborn clothes. He's not rolling over for the first time. He's not here.

I'm a mother of a 2 month old baby. He doesn't sleep, grow or reach milestones.

But he sings, dances and thrives at the feet of his Heavenly Father. The One who gave him life and graced him with eternal glory.

It's been a blessed 2 months for my sweet boy.

And that's all that matters today.






No comments:

Post a Comment