Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Poppy's Special Place

Yesterday, we decided that we would find a nice quiet place and bury Poppy. I honestly didn't know what else to do. Turning her over for medical testing seemed pointless and potentially disappointing and throwing her in the trash or down the drain just didn't feel right. She might be the tiniest person I've ever known, but I still think she deserves a special place. Also, I think it will be nice to have somewhere to go to feel close to her.

So, we wrapped her in a small blanket, buried her beneath the roots of a shady tree, placed a rock as a place-marker, said our good-byes, then scattered a handful of poppy flower seeds nearby. I'm not sure that any flowers will actually be able to grow but I thought it might be nice to try. Maybe one or two will somehow make it and then every spring, Poppy's place will be beautiful decorated with flowers.



Afterwards, we went to the beach and were blessed with a gorgeous sunset under which to write Poppy's name. Even though I wish more than anything else that I could still be pregnant, I feel truly lucky to have had any time at all with her. 

6 comments:

  1. I have no words. Just tears and love for you guys. I'll hold them both in my heart with you, always.
    <3 Gabriel and Poppy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this sad sad news. You have a beautiful perspective on your sweet Poppy and her special lace is so pretty. How I pray that this new year will bring you a rainbow baby to hold in your arms not just in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine--I'm totally behind right now, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. I wish so badly that things went differently with Poppy. Here's to hope with a rainbow for you to hold in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear of this second loss. I pray that the Lord will comfort you, and that you'll feel His love. I love Poppy's special place, and what a beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Catherine. I hope some of those poppy seeds will flourish, but I know that even if the flowers don't, the love you have for your beautiful Poppy will always bloom in your heart. Your motherlove is so strong and so obvious in everything you write and do. That is a beaitiful resting place and beautiful sunset to honour your sweet baby. Sending so many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete