Sunday, October 27, 2013

Finding Grief in the Shadows of Healing

Feeling happy... even though life is always bittersweet.

Feeling strong... even though my heart is still broken.

Feeling hopeful... even though the future is terrifyingly uncertain.

Feeling grateful... even though I have lost so much.

Feeling brave... even though my soul is filled with fear.

Feeling optimistic... even though remaining positive can be exhausting at times.

Feeling at peace... even though worrisome thoughts swirl around in my mind.

Feeling blessed... even though I am constantly fighting jealousy and bitterness.

Feeling restored... even though part of me is more fragile than ever.

Feeling triumphant... even though I still have a long way to go.

Feeling mended... even though the journey to healing is long and bumpy.

Making progress... even though this grief is never-ever-ending.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I always feel torn between the hurt and the healing. Thank you for putting it into words <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This perfectly describes what grief feels like <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect meditation (and reminder to be gentle with ourselves) on the complicated truth of healing even as we continue to grieve. Thank you for these beautiful words Catherine. I needed them today.

    ReplyDelete