Saturday, January 19, 2013

Six Months Without You

For Gabriel, My Love

Though the seasons have turned
And time's persisted
On
Though so much has changed
And so many have
Gone

My love has not withered
Its vine tethered to my
Heart
I've a branch for every moment
That we've endured
Apart

My love had no birth
I have always loved
You
Wherever you are dearest one
My heart is there
Too

My love is forever
More eternal, more abiding
And
More impossible to measure
Than the grains that form the
Sand

For you, my love shall
Always
Be
More immense, more constant
Than the deepest, widest
Sea

My love for you
Means we'll never
Live
Separated more years
Than mortality can
Give

And though my love can't bring you here
It promises to show me the
Way
I'll come to where you're waiting; I will find you
One glorious
Day

2 comments: