Tuesday, December 4, 2012

This Little Dream of Mine

Today I registered for my first class.

Since I'm a new student, I think my registration date was towards the end, so there weren't a lot of classes available. I'm also unsure of exactly which classes I should be taking and in which order, so in January, I will need to schedule a meeting with a counselor to get more information. But since today was my registration date and classes fill up quickly, I had to sign up for something.

So...

The only class I was able to register for was Computer Systems, which seems like it will be easy enough and I suppose it is relevant to my major (Diagnostic Medial Sonography). Even if it's boring, it's a requirement, and at least now I'll be able to get it out of the way early on. I'm also wait-listed for Biology which I'm praying I get into... I really need that class. It's a pre-requisite for several other classes that I would like to take in the Fall. Just in case I don't get into Biology, I also wait-listed for Human Communication which sounds awful, but again it's required and I may as well try to get it out of the way now. I'd hate to just take one class, so let's all cross our fingers that someone decides to drop Biology (and that they decide to remove Human Communication from the list of required classes).

I am really excited and even a little relieved to have started this process...at least to have gotten the ball rolling to making this little dream of mine slowly become a reality. I know there's a very long road ahead of me and I will have to dedicate the majority of the next 2-3 years to classes and studying, but for now I'm just going to take a deep breath and focus on taking it one day at a a time. I will have plenty of opportunities in the future to feel completely overwhelmed and freak out. Today is all about realizing that dreams only come true if you're willing to do what it takes to work for them. It's not going to be easy, but I really want this and I'm truly looking forward to all that this experience forces out of me.

This little dream of mine is inspired by Gabriel and I shall carry him in my heart every step of the way.

It officially begins February 4, 2013!

I hope you're all looking forward to reading stories about my Computer Systems class :)

5 comments:

  1. You Can Do It!!! Good job on taking the first step! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine-
    This new venture sounds very exciting! This field of study is something I have thought about getting into recently, too. Good luck to you. Hope you can get in the classes you want to. I'm sure there will be days where everything will seem so overwhelming, but just know your little Gabriel is so proud of you :)

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and best wishes on this new path in your life!

    (( <3 ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine
    sending my love and hugs back at you from one grieving mother to another.

    xoxoxoxox

    Congrats on the class!

    ReplyDelete