Three years ago you were all mine to hold. I held you in my arms, kissed your cute little nose, willed myself to remember every inch of your tiny body. That day came and went so quickly, too quickly. If there was ever a time I wished for time to stand still, it was that day three years ago. But night came and I kissed you one last time, held you close to my heart and gave you every part of myself that I could. The hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life was saying good-bye to you.
I still think about that day all the time. Every day I think of you, talk to you, wish you were here. I wonder what it would be like to have a three year old you. To know what you like to eat. And your favorite songs. And your first word. I'll never know any of it, but I'll forever have the memories we made together three years ago on that special day. I want you to know that your birth was the single most beautiful moment of my life. That it changed me down to my soul. That I get to be who I am because of you.
I love you sweet baby. Happy 3rd birthday Gabriel <3

No comments:
Post a Comment