Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer School

I've got some good news and bad news. The good news is that I survived my first week of summer school. The bad news is that I'm not completely sure I'm going to make it through the second week. 

Earlier this week, I had planned to write this beautifully inspired post about how much I've learned this past week and how fascinating my classes are and how great school is going, but honestly with the current state of my brain, that's not going to happen today. I'm tired from studying, I'm tired from classes, I'm tired from reading, and I'm tired from just thinking about another week of studying, classes and reading. 

So, I'll just say this. Summer school is intense. I'm taking Human Biology (a.k.a. Too Much Information To Absorb) and Psychology (a.k.a. Harder Than I Expected). Both classes are demanding, in that they need to cram a semester's worth of knowledge into just four weeks. That's not to say that I'm not enjoying them, because despite the lack of sleep and late night blurry vision, I'm finding both classes to be extremely interesting. Human Biology might actually be the most fascinating class I've ever taken. I really recommend this class to anyone, no matter what your career is or how old you are. Just don't take it during the summer, when you only have four weeks to learn EVERYTHING about the human body starting at the molecular level and working quickly through all eleven of the organ systems. 

With that said, I have to go study now. If I want to sleep at all this week, I need to make the most of my weekend and get ahead, or in the case of Psychology, rush to turn in my assignments on time. I imagine that one day in the future, I'll actually have the time and brain function necessary to write a proper update on school. Until then, I'll leave you with this little tidbit of information... The outer layer of skin, also called the epidermis, is comprised of stratified squamous epithelial tissue. I know that probably doesn't interest you now, but if you ever take Human Biology, trust me, you'll thank me then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment